Curry leaves , The scientific name ‘MURRAYA KOENIGII’ . COVID 19 pandemic has taught us many lessons like, Wearing mask , Carrying sanitiser . And sanitising hands every 5 minutes.
Corona has taught us more discipline than our ancestors. People are changing and showing interest towards health and natural remedies to be healthy.
- I am sharing some amazing benefits of curry leaves , Also called SweetNeem Leaves . Curry leaves are available easily in market .
- And sometimes we get them for free in vegetable markets.
- This tree find mostly in hot climates and is a native of India , Srilanka. , Andaman Nicobar islands.
- This tree leaves are particularly associated with south Indian cuisines.
The word curry is derived from the Tamil word ‘kari’ which means ‘spiced sauce’.
According to ancient Tamil and Kannada literatures , Curry leaves is Considered flavouring agent.
- These leaves are rich in
- Vitamin C.
- Vitamin B6.
- Folic acid.
Uses of curry leaves
- These leaves are Used in making Dals, Curries, Pickles, khichidi , Chutneys , powder(podi) is used in food , Ayurvedic medicine.
- Their properties include antioxidant , Antimicrobial, Anti-inflammatory, Hepato protective , Anti-hypercholesterolemic. This small leaf , Has amazing health benefits.
CURRY LEAVES TEA
- Take 10-12 curry leaves , Break them into small pieces put these leaves in 200 ml water .
- Boil them for 10 minutes in low flame.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside whole night.
- In the morning drink this mixture by adding one teaspoon of honey . While chewing these leaves.
- Do this process for 40 days and you will see drastic changes in your skin and Anemia.
Make a juice
- First take a fistful of curry leaves and spinach . Wash them and grind them by adding some water. Drink it immediately .
- you can also squeeze a lemon into it. This juice is rich in Antioxidants , Vitamins and Minerals.
- Which makes the skin Glowing and Healthy by dropping the age .
- That will ultimately make you look younger.
HEALTHY HAIR FROM ROOTS
- Take 20 leaves wash them and make a paste out of it.
- Next take fistful fennel seeds soak them overnight , And grind them to a smooth paste .
- Now mix both paste and fennel seeds paste. Add a pinch of Turmeric to it .
- Mix all of them and before applying to the hair .
- Warm coconut oil and apply to the roots of hair .
- Then apply this magic paste all over the head and leave it for 1 hour . Let it dry don’t sit near fan . Wash the hair .
- Do this for 1 month and you will see amazing results.
CURRY LEAVES IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
- English – Curry leaves.
- Hindi- Kadi patta / Kathnim / Mitha Neem / Gandhela / Bareanga.
- Telugu – Karivepaku / Karepaku.
- Tamil – Kariveppila / Karivempu.
- Kannada – Karibevu / Baisoppu / Karibevina Soppu.
- Oriya – Bhrusanga Patra / Barsan / Basango.
- Gujurati – Mitho Limdo / Goranimb / Kadhilimbdo.
- Tulu – Bevudirae.