HOW TO FOLD DIFFERENT TYPES OF CLOTHES ll KONMARI FOLDING ll FOLDING SHIRT AND OTHER CLOTHES
Hi Everyone! Today I am sharing very useful article i.e folding clothes and arranging them. Laundry and dishes. The two constants of life with kids, and ever so controversial. The way you fold clothes is kind of like the way you load the dishwasher: everyone has her own method. Between my husband’s drawers and my kid’s, I was constantly straightening and tidying, showing them how to lift stacked shirts to carefully pull out the one they wanted. So, I found this useful method of folding different clothes in Kon Mari method… Folding your clothes using the Kon Mari method will literally change your life. No more messy drawers!
Adopting this method for folding clothes took time to learn. But once I mastered the method, I never looked back because it so dramatically impacted my day-to-day life.
3 Benefits of Folding Clothes Using the Konmari Method
1) All the choices are visible.
With the classic stacking method of clothing storage, you can only see the shirt on top. To find other shirts, you need to sift carefully through each one, then slide it out from under or between every other shirt. If you think about it, it’s really quite difficult to do so without totally destroying the entire drawer.
With the Konmari method of folding, a section of each shirt is visible. You can easily grab a shirt without disturbing the contents of the entire drawer. No more kids (or husband) dumping the entire drawer to get what they need.
2) It maximizes storage space.
Before the Konmari method, my husband and I each our own [stuffed] dresser for most of our clothes, and our closet space was sadly underutilized.
Before, the kids’ dresser and the closet was jam-packed. Now, my two boys have decluttered drawers.
3) Maintaining a minimalist/capsule wardrobe is easier.
When you can see everything in your wardrobe at a glance, choosing clothes is much easier. Clothes are also far less likely to be buried out of sight. Have you ever bought a tee shirt, thinking you were running out, only to discover a pile of shirts in a corner of your closet that you had forgotten about?
Alternatively, have you ever pulled your hair out trying to remember where you put your favorite pair of jeans. The Konmari method can save you money, time, and frustration.
- Lay socks flat as a pair, one sock on top of the other.
- Fold the toe inward about an inch from the top.
- Into the center.
- Fold in half so it stands upright.
How to fold underwear
(the same process can be applied to bikini bottoms, briefs, thongs, and boyshorts)
- Lay underwear flat in front of you
- Fold in half lengthwise, crotch to waistband.
- Fold in the sides.
- Fold over crotch again so it stands upright.
How to fold t-shirts
- Lay tee down flat in front of you.
- Right side with the sleeve flat.
- Back the sleeve halfway.
- Over the left side and repeat the sleeve fold so you’re left with a rectangle.
- In the neckline an inch or so away from the hem.
- Half again so it stands upright.
How to fold jeans
- Lay jeans flat in front of you.
- left leg over the right.
- Fold in the crotch.
- Bottom toward the waist leaving an inch of space.
- Inward until jeans stand upright.
How to fold nighties
- Make half in such a way that border is just halfway from the neck.
- Make second over the first .
- Turn the side and make another two small folds.
- Adjust making another folding according to your cupboard space.
This is my simple method of folding different types of clothes. Do share your knowledge on this. Feel free to ask any questions in the comments below.. You can watch my detailed video on this method. The link is below: