south indian sambar
South Indian Sambar Swaty’s Style:
Today I thought of sharing sambar recipe with you. I know, the authentic way of cooking sambar is somewhat is different from that of mine. I am sure but the taste is nowhere vary from the authentic way. Most of the recipes I make are quick and simple. In coming posts, I try to share veg and nonveg recipes which I cook formally.
Ingredients: ( south indian sambar )
Green chillies– 2
Toor daal- 1 cup
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Curry leaves- few
Oil- 2 tbsp
Method: ( south indian sambar )
- Take one deep vessel which fits in your pressure cooker, add big chunks of veggies like tomatoes, Brinjal, Okra, Potato, Beetroot. You can use veggies of your choice close the lid of this vessel and place in pressures cooker.
- Wash one cup of Toor daal(pigeon peas) add it to the cooker. Make sure you add daal after placing the vessel if you place vessel after adding daal the daal beneath the vessel doesn’t cook well.
- After that add two green chilies, salt(1tsp), Red chili powder (2tsp), turmeric(1 tsp), sugar (1tsp), Tamarind, and if you want you can add sambar powder, I skipped this because I like mild taste.
- Add 2 cups of water and one teaspoon oil and cook it for 3whistles.
- Meanwhile, make arrangements for tampering. My way of tempering is also different. Take a vessel add curry leaves, garlic cloves(4), cumin seeds(1tsp), mustard seeds(1tsp), dry red chillies(2), oil.
- Mix the cooked daal with veggies and water up to the consistency you want and add to the tampering. Bring it to boil and enjoy!!
Hope you like my recipe… Please share your views in the comments. I try to answer your questions as well… If you missed any step please watch the video below…